Re-branding is defined as the process a business undertakes to alter or completely change its brand image in order to reposition itself in a market or to remain current and relevant. Re-branding may include changing the business’ logo, company colours, slogan, marketing materials and website. It may also include changing the company’s communication style, methods of connecting with customers and media presence.
5 things to consider if your business is going to re-brand:
- Have good reasons to re-brand - never re-brand just for the sake of it.
- Hire a professional marketing company to develop and implement your re-brand. A marketing company will do more than create a new logo for your company. They will do in-depth market research into your business in order to identify the best re-branding options for your company.
- Allocate a sufficient budget to your re-brand project, in alignment with your company’s goals and planned reach.
- Engage employees and customers in the re-branding process.
- Have a re-branding communication plan which includes all stakeholders: management, staff, customers, suppliers and the media.
Re-branding your company is a worthwhile undertaking, particularly in situations where a company’s branding is outdated or no longer relevant. Taking the time to do the re-brand with a clear plan and a realistic budget will go a long way to ensuring a smooth process and ultimate success.
Better Mousetrap Marketing works with business owners in Courtenay, Comox, Nanaimo, Victoria, and the Lower Mainland. As a full-service marketing agency, we offer branding, re-branding, web design and marketing services. Developing coordinated, thought-out, and well-executed rebranding concepts is one of our specialties.